Pages

Thursday 30 May 2019

Straw rafts

In inquiry we are learning about the design process. The design process is where you plan, design and test the product or theory. Sometimes when you test it it does not work and you have to start back at the beginning and see how you could make it better.

Mrs McG gave us a challenge had to plan, design ,and build a straw raft that will float with a 40 g weight on it. We could only use 20 plastic straws that were the same size and about a meter of masking tape.

My raft failed I didn't make It but I never gave up because I wanted it to float even if it didn't. We did some research on how rafts float and I found that all the straws had to be very close together and they had to be even and that an object will float if the downwards pull is less that the upwards pull.

I found it easy to have fun enjoy it, but I found it hard to design it and trying get it to float.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.