Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Writing: Prompted poetry

 Hello reader, and welcome to, or back to my blog.

Today in Writing (Hur 3) we were given a 'Who, what, where, when' prompt. We were instructed to write some sort of writing involving these 4 things, A person and a beast, a light source, 2:30 am and a dark forest. Here is the final product of my poem. If you enjoy it or have any feedback for me, please comment.

Walking through a dark forest,

Trees looming over me,

Leaves under my feet crunching,

This feeling is overwhelming.


I hear a noise,

My steps freeze,

‘Its nothing’ I thought,

‘It's just a gentle breeze’.


I continue walking,

My pace is speeding up,

My torch seems to go flat,

And I don’t have a backup.


Time seems to go on forever,

I look down at my phone

2:30 am, an uncomfortable time

I hate being alone


I can almost see the end of this dark and dreary forest,

But something stops me, though I don't want to stay,

‘Stay here, we’re your friends now,’

This voice seems to sway.


A hand reaches out to me,

‘Stay with me’ It pled

So I took it by the hand,

And into the darkness I was led.


2 comments:

  1. Aliyah
    OMG. that is an outstanding poem.. I love it

    Tau kē!!!!
    I want to see more of your writing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Sutton
      Thank you for commenting on my blog
      Writing is a very enjoyable thing for me and I do quite a lot of it so hopefuly you will be able to see more in the future.

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.