I am a student at in Uru MÄnuka. In 2020 I was a year 7 and in 2021 I will be a year 8. This is a place where I will be able to share my learning with you. Please note....some work won't be edited - just my first drafts, so there may be some surface errors. I would love your feedback, comments, thoughts and ideas.
Monday, 16 March 2020
Different types of sentences
For the past few weeks in Hur 3 we have been learning about 3 different types of sentences Very short sentences, the W start and Adverb start. The very short sentence has 5 words or less and is commonly known at the end of a story to create suspense or drama. For example " the seedling grew" or " He slowly planted the seed" The W start is a sentence starting with one of the four w words where, while ,whilst, and when. For example. while the seed sprouted , we watched carefully, or ,when I filled the beaker the bean fell down. The adverb start is a sentence that starts with a adverb for example , surprisingly the bean spouted, or annoyingly the bean flipped upside down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.